“QuickBooks script error code appears with a pop-up display message as:”
Which Factors Triggers QuickBooks Script Error?
Let’s take a look at some of the common reasons due to why a user may face QuickBooks script error;
- When you are trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- The script processing tools or features are turned off on the QuickBooks desktop.
- A corrupted windows user can also be a reason why the error arises.
- When the Internet Explorer web browser is already running.
- If you provide the account details and number, which are already in use.
- When you have enabled the script debugging feature, it can lead to the QuickBooks script error.
- The QuickBooks desktop application is not synced with the Internet Explorer browser.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Script Error
Given below is the list of indications through which you can easily identify the QuickBooks script error;
- Internet Explorer web browser is not working or responding slowly.
- Your PC is responding slowly to the commands provided by the mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Facing difficulty in navigating out of the QuickBooks desktop screen.
- Unable to download the new updates of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- A pop-up window appears on the screen displaying the QuickBooks script error.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Script Error
After clearly understanding the errors’ reasons and symptoms, let’s discuss the solutions you can follow to fix the QuickBooks script error.
Solution 1. Delete the history and Cache in Internet Explorer Browser
Here are the steps that you can perform to delete the history and cache in the internet explorer browser;
- Firstly, launch the Internet Explorer browser on your device.
- Then, navigate to the browser’s settings and click on the “Browsing History” option.
- After that, you must check all the boxes and click on the “Delete” option.
- Now, click on the “Apply” and “OK” option.
Now, check if the QuickBooks script error has been fixed or not. If you still face the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Add Intuit as a Trusted Website in Internet Explorer Settings
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to add Intuit as a trusted website in Internet explorer;
- First, you have to launch the Internet Explorer browser on your device.
- Then, navigate to the browser’s settings page and click on the “Security” tab option.
- After that, you must click on the “Trusted Sites” option and add *intuit.com as a trusted website.
- Now, navigate back to the “Trusted Sites” window, and then you have to uncheck the “Require Server Verification” option.
- Moving ahead, close the trusted site window and uncheck the “Enable Protected Mode” option.
Once you are done with the above steps, close the Internet Explorer browser and verify if the QuickBooks script error has been eliminated. If you are still facing the error, then execute the next solution.
Solution 3. Disable Add-ons in Internet Explorer
Given below are the steps that you can follow to turn off add-ons in the Internet Explorer web browser;
- Launch the Internet explorer on your PC and click on the “Tools” option.
- Under the tools settings drop-down list, you must click on the “Manage Add-ons” option.
- After that, click on the “All add-ons” option, and then select the add-ons you want to turn off.
- At last, click on the “Disable” and “Close” option.
Solution 4. Delete SSL Certificates in Internet Explorer
A Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a digital certificate that authenticates a website’s identity and enables an encrypted connection. Once you delete an SSL certificate, all the services automatically linked with SSC certificates will no longer use the information.
Therefore, if you are also facing the QuickBooks script error, then deleting the SSL certificate can help eliminate the error. Here are the steps that you can follow to delete SSL certificates;
- First, click on the “Gear” icon, which is available on the right side of the browser page.
- Under the settings page, you have to select the “Internet” options.
- Thereon, the “Internet Properties” window will be open on your screen.
- Here, you have to click on the “Content” tab option.
- Followed by the above steps, click on the “Clear SSL State” button.
- Lastly, hit the “OK” option to save the new changes.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 5. Set Internet Explorer as Default Web Browser
The next solution you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks script error is setting Internet Explorer as a default web browser. Here are the steps that you can follow to set Internet Explorer as a default web browser;
- First of all, navigate to the settings page of the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Thereon, click on the “Programs” tab option.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Make Internet Explorer as Default Browser.”
- At last, save the new changes by clicking on the “OK” option.
Solution 6. Launch Internet Explorer Browser in a Compatibility View
The next solution you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks script error is running the Internet Explorer browser in a compatible view. Given below are the steps that you can execute to get it done;
- The first step is to launch the Internet Explorer browser on your PC.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “Tools” option, which is available below the “Settings” tab.
- After that, navigate to the compatibility view settings.
- Now, checkmark the box in front of the “Display all websites in Compatibility View” option.
- At last, click on the “Save” option to apply the new changes.
Solution 7. Disable Script Error Notification in Internet Explorer
Last but not least solution that you can perform to eliminate QuickBooks script errors is to turn off script error notifications in Internet Explorer. Given below are the steps that you can follow to disable script error notification;
- First, click on the “Tool” icon, which is available on the top-right side of the screen.
- Thereon, you must click on the “Internet Options” and then click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, scroll down in the settings list, and then you have to uncheck the box against the “Display a notification about every script error” option.
- At last, save the applied changes by clicking on the “OK” option.
As demonstrated above, we have covered seven tried and tested solutions you can follow to resolve QuickBooks script errors. You can easily carry out the steps mentioned above to fix the error. If you have any queries related to the topic, you can reach out to us via chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at [email protected] Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts are available 24 hours in a week at the help desk to resolve your query.
Author Bio – Hello, I’m John Morkal. I’m a Technician in Accounting, Bookkeeping and Taxation services and living in Dallas, Texas USA. I am a fan of technology, design, reading and cycling. I’m also interested in movies and healthy food. You can visit my store with a click on my profile link.