QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that helps users monitor their business’s health. The software performs credible accounting and creates accurate accounting reports by analysing the sales data. It is loaded with many features that make financial management more convenient for the user. Apart from its benefits, some setbacks are also present in QuickBooks as internal errors. Many users have recently reported QuickBooks Running Slow and freezing on their computer. So, we decided to create this blog to help them out. If you are facing similar issues while working on QuickBooks, go through this blog till the end to find out the reasons it’s happening and the solutions you can try.
Reach our QB support team at +1-855-856-0042 to troubleshoot quickly.
About the issue
You might have experienced crashes in QuickBooks while starting/closing, accessing a company file, or updating the software. It may freeze for some time before crashing entirely. Your data is completely secure, it’s the software that has developed some issues resulting in its abnormal behaviour. Performing any software function will be inconvenient until you fix this error.
The circumstances which led to this issue in QuickBooks are mentioned below-
1. The program files of QuickBooks are damaged or missing because of a faulty download on your computer.
2. QB processes in the background are not responding or stopped suddenly.
3. The Windows Firewall has blocked some essential QuickBooks functions causing issues while it loads.
You can use the methods mentioned below to eliminate this error from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file located on your computer
This issue can occur if this file is damaged; minor issues can be fixed by renaming the file. Open the folder that carries your QB files, search for the QBWUSER.ini file and refer to the steps after you find the file-
1. Right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and tap on Rename.
2. Add ‘.old’ at the end of the file name as an extension.
3. Save the file with a new name and reopen QuickBooks.
If the issues are still present in the software, try the next solution.
You may like to read this short guide: QuickBooks won’t open
Solution 2- Add the firewall ports required for QuickBooks to run
Adding specific firewall ports for QuickBooks can fix this issue. The firewall can block QB files and processes misinterpreting them as a threat, which directly causes the software to crash or freeze. You can prevent this from happening by executing the steps below-
1. Type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search panel and open Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
2. Click on the Advanced Settings options available on the left.
3. Select Inbound Rules and then click on New Rule.
4. Fill the ports by adding the values mentioned below- Incoming Port: 80, Outgoing Port: 443, 16841
5. Follow the on-screen instructions provided by the software.
6. Select Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules in step 4 and repeat the steps.
7. Reopen QuickBooks.
The software will not crash now as these methods will resolve the issue.
This is the end of our blog that explains why is your QuickBooks Running Slow on your PC. We also provided some of the tested methods to help remove the issue. We hope the blog was informational and assisted you with tackling the error.
Call our QB support team at +1-855-856-0042 to get assistance with any further queries.